[Makers] Soldering Workshops

Moss, Andrew Andrew.Moss at ed.act.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 11:09:47 EST 2012

Hi there,
Alistair and Angus and Jess have been talking about soldering workshops. I am planning to do some "soldering workshops" as part of the Microcontroller and Robotics courses that I am running at Dickson College this year. The goal is to get the students to build working  MHV boards. There may be some practice stages before that happens (simple wire soldering, protoboard, etc). The students will then use these boards for software and project development of autonmous vehicles later on in the course.
I plan on doing these sessions at the end of February with about 35 students. Do you want to :
a) Be involved in this? Right now I'm planning to do it during the day at Dickson College.
b) Do this workshop at the hacker space? This will give the students a good introduction to MHV.
c) Co-operate on the presentation material and process of this soldering workshop?
Let me know if you are keen.
Alistair - I'm after 10-15 MHV board kits. Are they available?

Best regards,

Andrew
Teacher of Geeks
Dickson College

--
This email remains the property of ACT Department of Education & Training.
This transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential or