[Makers] Setting up Eclipse for MHVlib development

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:09:44 EST 2012

Alastair,

On 2 January 2012 20:18, Alastair D'Silva <alastair at newmillennium.net.au> wrote:
> [...]

  I tried that, and it had no effect. FWIW the include in question is
<util/delay.h> (For the BlinkingLED project). I found this in
C:\Program Files (x86)\MHV AVR Tools\avr\include, so I selected
project->properties and then opened the "C/C++ General->Paths and
Symbols" tree, then the "Includes" tab and finally selected "GNU C++"
in the Languages list (Just shows "/mhvlib" in the Include directories
list as a purple workspace-path initially). I then added the
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MHV AVR Tools\avr\include" path (Added to all
configurations, as this seems sensible). This at least made the
include-path warning flags go-away.

> The hex file should end up in each project, under a directory named by the configuration selected (in this case, ATmega328P_20MHz).
>
> If it hasn't, but it did compile without errors, then the wrong configuration may have been built... Right click on the project, select Build Configurations, Set Active, then ATmega328P_20MHz.

Well,  was about to say I can't find any .hex files in any likely
location, but I'm a little suspicious of the build, as all I get is a
popup with a progress-bar that trundles to the end and goes-away. Then
I thought to open the console and found this horror:

---8<---
**** Build of configuration ATmega328P_20MHz for project
mhvlib-tutorial-BlinkingLED ****

make all

Error: Cannot run program "make" (in directory
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\mhvlib-20110110_0\mhvlib-tutorial-BlinkingLED\ATmega328P_20MHz"):
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

**** Build Finished ****
--->8----

  I'm guessing the "file" It's talking about is make itself. The paths
setup previously still seem correct and make is in there,

--
Miles Goodhew,
Executive Computer Scientist