[Committee] Picking Up My Loaned Gear

Christopher Lee chris at australianrobotics.com.au
Thu Feb 16 15:03:38 EST 2012

Thanks guys, I'll pick up my gear in the following week during an opening
time.

As to what I've been making, not much besides beastly hunks of metal I've
welded together for practice. My welds are getting cleaner and I seem to be
getting the gist of it-- my first real project will be a welding table
which I'll be working on soon.

I am using an Ozito Gas/Gasless MIG from Bunnings ($300) which I'm using
with flux-cored wire which gives pretty decent results, and probably better
once I add a gas tank for real MIG welding.

I also picked up a metal cut off saw which is immensely helpful, but the
$150 Ozito I chose has issues securing pieces at 45 degrees causing my my
mitre joints to be a little off. Perhaps more practice on the saw is
needed! The other really useful tool is the bench grinder which I use to
clean the edges before welding. The most helpful recent additions to my
welding area are a fan and a bright lamp keeping the area ventilated and
illuminated.

--
Christopher Lee
AustralianRobotics.com.au <http://australianrobotics.com.au>