[Committee] Decorating the space [was Re: Committee Agenda 8 Feb 2011 ]

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Sat Feb 5 19:32:50 EST 2011

Forgot a couple of items:

* Murals or other art in the space

We've talked about this before, but I'm hoping we can find someone who
would be interested in decorating the space a bit, obviously in
styles/motifs we will like.

My friend George has offered to provide us with some sketches for
possible murals on the walls in the space (the "pink" wall and/or the
wall above the oscilloscopes.) Her ideas so far are a mural of cool
looking equations, and another idea along the lines of 50s-style robots
and lasers. However she has asked if people have any other ideas for her
(I was pretty hand-wavingly vague).

George has a blog with some of her illustration work, this page has some
things she did for a Sydney bar: http://georgeisat.tumblr.com/page/3
(second half of the page)

There's also the question of reimbursement. Are we able to cover
artists' materials cost? George estimates it would cost her between
$100-200 if she were to do both walls.

E.L.K. has also said there's a chance he may be able to put up some
stencils in a few months' time.